Welcome to Year 2
Year 2 - Miss Boulton
Teaching Assistants - Mrs Alker, Mrs Gibbins, Miss Ode
There are 28 awesome children in year 2 this year who are eager to learn!
Mr Fisher teaches music and Mr Edwards teaches PE and sport.
There are daily maths, reading and writing lessons, as well as spelling and handwriting.
The DREAM Curriculum provides a broad and balanced curriculum with a range of topics that engage the children in their learning, as well as providing lots of enrichment activities.
Everyone in class has their own iPad to help with learning both in school and at home. We use lots of apps such as Purple Mash, Oxford Owl, TT Rock Stars and Emile to support our learning.
Homework is set each week. This is a mix of English and maths along with spellings and times tables.
Our class value is Peace
Our school value for this term is Hope
What a start to out leaning journey in Year 2!
- In English we have been learning to write stories, poems and instructions. As well as reading, reading and more reading. We love our daily story time.
- We are experts ant tens and ones in maths.
- Our history lessons have been all about significant events. We learned about the Great Fire of London, why we celebrate Bonfire Night, what happened on 11th November 1918 and why people wear poppies, the significance of the discovery of King Tutankhamun tomb by Howard Carter, and how the actions of Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King changed the world.
- As part of our learning we visited Fireground in Rochdale and designed and made our own Fire engines .
- Our RE topics have been The Bible and Good News. We learned why the bible is an important book for Christians, and we made our own Dead Sea Scroll with our favourite bible story on them. We enjoyed sharing our good news with each other and learning how the Angels brought good news about the birth of Jesus to different people.
- In art we learned about the work of the sculpture Alberto Giacometti, and then created our own.