Friends of St. John's
Who and what is Friends of St. Johns (FOSJ)?
We are a volunteer group of parents and teachers who raise funds through events to provide equipment or financial support to enrich our school. We run various events including discos, fairs, bingo nights, cinema nights, recycle clothes collections, raffles, scholastic book club to name but a few.
We are always in need of extra volunteers, so if you can spare us some of your time and energy we would be grateful. Even if you cannot do this, then you can support both us and your school by attending our events and helping us to raise money for our school, supporting the learning experience of our children.
If you want to learn more about us and what we do then you could attend one of our meetings or speak to any of the members below for information. We are here to have some fun and make some much needed cash for the school.
We look forward to you joining us as we work together and make a difference!
‘Achieving, Believing and Succeeding Together’
Election of officers 2016 -17
President – Mr J Heatley (Principal)
Chair – Mrs J. Ribchester
Vice Chair – Mrs D. Jayatilleke
Secretary - Mrs C. Parr
Treasurer – Julie Reynolds (Parent)
Publicity and events – Mrs J. Glynn
What has FOSJ raised money for in the last couple of years?
- Funding the purchase of the Stage in the Hall
- Purchasing of the large projector screen and sound system in the Hall
- Digital cameras for each class to record special moments
- Buying Bibles for Year 6 leavers and Reception class starters
- Contributing to the cost of school educational trips
- Helping Santa with the gifts we give each pupil at Christmas
- £1000 ear marked for improvements to resources for the Reception Class